PINTER currently has an exciting opportunity for a Waterworks Infrastructure Engineer in our Municipal Engineering Group. specializing in potable water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure - assessment, design, project, and construction management. The position is available in either the Saskatoon or Regina Offices.
- University Degree: Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Civil or Environmental discipline)
- Current P. Eng. registration within a Canadian jurisdiction, or the ability to obtain APEGS registration within 1 year
- Have or be eligible for Permission to Consult (within 6 months of employment) in water and wastewater
- 10+ years of progressive experience in municipal services; planning, design and construction activities
Skills and Experience:
- Direct prior work experience with projects in water& wastewater treatment, and stormwater management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Report and proposal writing
- Proven ability to work with minimal oversight
- Direct project management and construction management experience
- Demonstrated ability to meet schedules, budgets and client expectations
- Extensive prior experience with onsite inspections and assessments of treatment plants, lift stations, and lagoons
- Familiar with regulations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting clients by identifying pragmatic, economical, and suitable options for solutions to water problems
- Evaluating alternatives and selecting appropriate treatment processes and equipment
- Preparing concept plans and preliminary designs for new infrastructure, rehabilitation, and retrofit projects
- Preparing cost estimates, permit applications, and detailed designs for advanced-stage projects
- Surveying, quantity estimation, construction inspection, and contract administration
- Value engineering analysis to justify solutions with positive economic indicators
- Supervision and mentoring of subordinates
- Energetic and dynamic
- Able and willing to work in a Team environment
- Data compilation and interpretation, evaluating environmental regulations, preparing environmental reports
- Self-motivated and be able and willing to work alone
- Interested in building a career and strong reputation in municipal engineering
PINTER & Associates Ltd. (PINTER) is an award winning, Saskatchewan-based, locally owned and operated consulting engineering firm. PINTER offers services to the public, industry, government, and First Nations in the areas of municipal, environmental, and geotechnical engineering, and safety consulting. With offices in Saskatoon and Regina, for the past 22 years PINTER has supported clients locally and across Western Canada with a diverse staff of highly trained and experienced professionals.
PINTER is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager should submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to PINTER & Associates Ltd. For more information interested persons are directed to our website at www.pinter.ca.
We thank all applicants for their time and interest in PINTER, however only applicants being considered will be contacted.